Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to clear a clogged drain.
1. Clear toilet clogs with a plunger; press plunger down tight against bottom of bowl, then yank up sharply to pull clog free.
2. For stubborn toilet clogs, use a closet auger; feed flexible cable into toilet bowl and crank handle to cut through clog.
3. Use a hand snake to clear sink clogs; push the flexible cable down into the pipe, then turn the handle.
4. Feed a little more of the cable down the pipe, and repeat until you remove the clog.
5. Use plunger to clear common sink clogs; on double-bowl kitchen sinks, be sure to seal one drain when plunging the other.
6. On lavatory sinks and bathtubs, plug overflow hole with damp rag to direct plunging power to the clog.
7. When obstruction is in a large, main pipe, use an electric drain cleaner.
8. Feed the cutting head into the pipe, then flip on the switch to start the cable turning.
9. Continue to feed the cable and cutting head into the pipe until you cut through the clog.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades