Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to create zones in a hot water system.
1 Turn off cold-water line to boiler; shut the electricity to boiler.
2 Drain water from boiler, if there's no floor drain remove water with electric pump.
3 Cut copper pipe coming from boiler with a tubing cutter.
4 Use reciprocating saw to cut steel pipe, remove remaining pipe with pipe wrench.
5 Thread copper adapter into boiler to connect new copper tubing; apply both pipe sealant and Teflon tape to threads of adapter.
6 Solder together new zone valve assemblies and attach to boiler with solder-less fittings.
7 Install wireless thermostat in room of new zone; locate thermostat away from direct sunlight or cold drafts, and about 60 inches above the floor.
8 Install electric control box beside boiler and make wire connections between zone valves and thermostats in each zone.
9 Turn on cold-water line and electricity to boiler.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades