Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to fix a bath sink stopper.
1 Pull out the old pop-up sink stopper.
2 Use an adjustable wrench to remove the pop-up lever from beneath sink.
3 Loosen the compression nut connecting the trap to the vertical drain pipe.
4 Use pliers to loosen the tailpiece.
5 Unscrew the pop-up drain assembly from the sink strainer.
6 Use two screwdrivers from above to prevent strainer from spinning; loosen strainer nut from below.
7 Pull out old sink strainer.
8 Place plumber's putty under new strainer; set strainer in sink.
9 Tighten nut from below to secure new strainer; clean away excess putty.
10 Thread new pop-up assembly onto strainer.
11 Cut tailpiece to length using tubing cutter; coat threads on tailpiece with pipe dope.
12 Fit tailpiece between trap and pop-up assembly; thread tailpiece into assembly.
13 Tighten compression nut on trap to lock tailpiece in place.
14 Insert new drain lever between pop-up assembly and perforated linkage.
15 Place stopper into sink drain hole.
16 Test stopper to ensure it glides up and down smoothly.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades