Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to fix a running toilet.
1 Turn off the water at toilet's shut-off valve.
2 Remove the rubber flapper from flush valve inside the tank.
3 Inspect flapper for damage or discoloration.
4 Check location of float on chain; adjust float to height of water level.
5 If adjusting float doesn't solve problem, or if there is no float, install a new flapper.
6 Flush toilet and check to ensure new flapper creates watertight seal with flush valve.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades