Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to fix a sweating toilet.
1. Turn off water and drain the pipes.
2. Cut a tee-fitting into a nearby hot-water water pipe.
3. Dry-assemble the various copper pipes and fittings to the anti-sweat valve.
4. Solder together the assembly, making sure the valve is positioned vertically.
5. Install the soldered valve assembly so that it connects the hot-water pipe with the cold-water line leading to the toilet.
6. Solder the valve assembly to the existing pipes.
7 .Turn the water on and check for leaks.
8. Adjust the valve to allow just enough hot water into the toilet to raise the temperature of the water in the tank.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades