Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to flush your water heater.
1. Turn off electricity and water to the water heater; allow heater to cool.
2. Drain water from the heater's tank using a garden hose and pump.
3. Catch drained water in a bucket for inspection.
4. If water is filled with sediment, refill heater and drain again.
5. Continue to fill and drain heater as often as necessary until the water runs clear.
6. Disconnect the hose and pump.
7. Turn on the electricity and water to the water heater.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades