Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to install an air valve for a hot-water heating system.
1. Turn off water leading to the boiler.
2. Mark the pipe for cutting, which allows the installation of the air valve.
3. Use reciprocating saw to cut out section of pipe.
4. Install copper threaded adapters to each side of the air valve.
5. Solder the air valve to the pipe.
6. Turn the water back on.
7. Switch on circulator pump to allow trapped air to escape through the valve.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.