Gary Clark shows you what it takes to hang a beautiful new chandelier in your home, and believe it or not, the installation is simple! No matter what kind of hanging light fixture you're installing in your ceiling, the process is generally the same, where you first need to cut a hole in the drywall and run some wire to the panel. Then make sure you have a junction box that can support the weight of the fixture.
If you've got that part of the electrical work finished, this video takes over from there. First, cut the power by switching off the breaker. Next, attach the light to the junction box. Connect the wires, white with white, black with black and green with green (or bare copper). If there is an additional wire (blue or red), this is for an alternate dimmer switch, it would go with the red wire from the ceiling. If no red wire is present, connect to the white wire. Attach the canopy and put in the bulbs.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades