Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to install a frost proof faucet.
1. Turn off the water and drain the old hose faucet, also called the sillcock.
2. Use emery cloth to clean the copper water pipe leading to the hose faucet.
3. Cut the pipe using a tubing cutter and then remove the old hose faucet.
4. Insert the new frost-proof sillcock into the hole in the wall, and mark its mounting-hole locations.
5. Drill holes on the mark and insert plastic wall anchors.
6. Apply silicone caulk around flange of the frost-proof sillcock.
7. Slide sillcock into hole, press tight to wall and secure with stainless steel screws.
8. Use an adjustable wrench to remove stem unit from sillcock.
9. From inside, solder a length of copper pipe to the end of the sillcock.
10. Use a coupling to solder new pipe to the existing water pipe.
11. Re-install the stem unit into sillcock and tighten with wrench.
12. Turn on water and test your work.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades