Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to install a gas fireplace.
1 Prepare installation site by building wall recess to accept fireplace.
2 Cut hole through exterior house wall and install stovepipe thimble.
3 Attach short section of stovepipe to exhaust port on rear of fireplace.
4 Apply construction adhesive to wall around sides and top of fireplace opening.
5 Press granite slabs into the adhesive around the fireplace opening.
6 Slide the fireplace into position, making sure the stovepipe passes through the thimble to the outdoors.
7 Seal exterior of exhaust pipe with termination hood.
8 Hire a licensed plumber make the gas connection to the fireplace.
9 Install the removable front to the fireplace.
10 Turn on the fireplace and test its operation.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades