Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to install an instantaneous water heater.
1 Use template to mark position of vent hole on exterior wall of basement.
2 Bore center pilot hole for vent using a 3/8-inch-diameter masonry bit.
3 Cut vent hole through wall using large-diameter masonry hole saw; check installation instructions for exact hole diameter.
4 Using black iron pipe, run new gas line from gas meter to heater location.
5 Mount water heater to wall using brackets and bolts provided.
6 Assemble vent pipe, starting with the elbow at top of heater.
7 Attach the exterior portion of the vent pipe onto the heater's elbow from outside.
8 Connect the new gas line to the heater.
9 Run new water line from the heater using copper tubing.
10 Connect water line to the home's plumbing system.
11 Open the valve to purge air from the system; catch expelled water in bucket.
12 Test the heater to ensure the burner ignites.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades