Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to install a programmable thermostat.
Steps:1. Turn off service switch at boiler.
2. Pull off cover from existing thermostat.
3. Unscrew thermostat from its wall-mounted sub-base.
4. Loosen wires connected to thermostat's sub-base.
5. Remove the old sub-base.
6. Hold sub-base of new thermostat to wall and connect red wire to "R" screw terminal, and white wire to "W" screw terminal.
7. Drill new screw-mounting holes for sub-base.
8. Push plastic wall anchors flush into holes and screw sub-base to wall.
9. Insert batteries into the thermostat and snap on the cover.
10. Turn the service switch back on.
11. Program the desired on/off time and temperature of the thermostat.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades