Installing recessed lighting into your kitchen or living room creates an immediate update to the look of your home! Recessed lighting is very low-key, makes a subtle statement, and yet is elegantly modern. If you are looking for an update to your home's lighting, think "recessed."
There are many options available in the design and functionality of recessed lighting. You will be able to brighten rooms and direct lighting to key areas such as a countertop or cooking area. This tutorial assumes you have an existing electrical ceiling fixture that you can tap into to get power from. Keep in mind that if you are installing into an area with insulation (such as a ceiling below an attic), you will need to use Insulated Ceiling (I.C.) cans that can be used in areas where insulation will abut the lighting housing. When you buy your recessed lighting cans, be sure that you purchase the appropriate kind for your application - either for existing ceilings or for exposed joists. For complete, step-by-step instructions for this DIY project, watch this friendly and straightforward video tutorial.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades