Tim Carter shows you how to install the sink with these easy to follow tips. Watch this video for best results. Position the new sink upside down on the countertop and accurately trace the outline of the sink. This provides a guideline for the real mark for the cut-out. The cutout will normally be about 3/16" inside the original mark. This allows for the lip of the sink to overhang the counter top. Check the sink installation directions for the proper measurement. Don't make square corners when cutting out the hole. The corners should have a radius of about 1-1/2". Grab a can out of the pantry to draw your curve.
To make the cut out, two power tools will be needed. A regular drill to drill a starter hole in the counter and a spiral saw to cut the counter top. Drill the starter hole and cut out half of the sink opening with the spiral saw. Screw a board across the opening to hold the cut out piece of counter top from falling down into the cabinet. This board can also be used to lift the piece out of the counter.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades