Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to install a stand-by generator.
1 Install electrical sub-panel with transfer switch beside the main electrical panel.
2 Redirect critical circuits from main panel to sub-panel.
3 Prepare a level stone or concrete base for the generator.
4 Set generator on base.
5 Dig trench from generator to new high-pressure gas meter.
6 Run new natural gas line and tracing wire from generator to gas meter; connect gas line to meter.
7 Pull electrical cable from generator to house.
8 Make gas and electrical connection to rear of generator.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades