Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to install a sump pump.
1 Set sump basin upside down on basement floor; mark its outline on floor.
2 Use demolition hammer to chop through concrete floor.
3 Dig hole deep enough to set basin flush with floor.
4 Wrap the sump basin with filter fabric.
5 Set the basin in the hole.
6 Add several inches of gravel to basin.
7 Lay stone paver on top of gravel.
8 Set pump on top of paver.
9 Connect check valve and PVC pipe to pump; run pipe up a nearby wall.
10 Drill hole through house wall with hole saw.
11 Continue PVC pipe through wall and extend to the outdoors.
12 Mix concrete in trough using a hoe.
13 Fill in around the basin top with concrete; smooth the concrete with a pointed trowel.
14 Plug in pump, then test it by filling the basin with water.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades