Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to install an under-sink water filter.
1 Close the cold-water shut-off valve leading to the kitchen sink.
2 Disconnect the copper cold-water pipe from the supply line that runs up to the faucet.
3 Wrap Teflon tape around threads of tee fitting and adapter.
4 Tighten outlet fitting to the tee fitting using an adjustable wrench.
5 Connect the tee fitting to the threaded adapter onto copper cold-water pipe.
6 Join ¼-inch tubing to inline shut-off valve.
7 Connect tubing with inline valve to tee on cold-water line; tighten with adjustable wrench.
8 Screw filter housing to inside of cabinet.
9 Remove soap dispenser or spray hose from sink deck; if necessary, drill new hole in sink deck.
10 Place bead of plumber's putty under faucet.
11 Set faucet in hole in sink deck.
12 Use basin wrench to tighten faucet nut from below.
13 Connect tubing to faucet stem with compression fitting; tighten with basin wrench.
14 Connect cold-water tubing to inlet side of filter housing.
15 Connect cold-water tubing to outlet side of filter housing.
16 Turn on the cold-water shut-off valve, and check all fittings for leaks.
17 Test the water-filter faucet.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades