Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to install a utility sink.
1. Turn off water
2. Cut section from existing drain pipe and install a new Wye-fitting
3. Assemble PVC pipe and fittings for new drain/vent system
4. Glue drain/vent system to existing vent stack
5. Rough in the PVC trap assembly
6. Set the sink into position, inserting its chrome tailpiece into the PVC trap
7. Tighten the compression nut on the tailpiece to secure the trap
8. Place plumber's putty under faucet, and install it to the sink deck; tighten nuts from below
9. Cut into existing hot- and cold-water supply pipes, and solder in tee fittings
10. Install copper wall anchors to hold new piping in place
11. Attach flexible supply lines to the hot- and cold-water pipes, and to the faucet
Have an iPhone? Check out all 200+ new features coming in iOS 13.