Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to install a utility sink.
1. Turn off water
2. Cut section from existing drain pipe and install a new Wye-fitting
3. Assemble PVC pipe and fittings for new drain/vent system
4. Glue drain/vent system to existing vent stack
5. Rough in the PVC trap assembly
6. Set the sink into position, inserting its chrome tailpiece into the PVC trap
7. Tighten the compression nut on the tailpiece to secure the trap
8. Place plumber's putty under faucet, and install it to the sink deck; tighten nuts from below
9. Cut into existing hot- and cold-water supply pipes, and solder in tee fittings
10. Install copper wall anchors to hold new piping in place
11. Attach flexible supply lines to the hot- and cold-water pipes, and to the faucet
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.