In this video, we learn how to punch down a 12 port patch panel. Start off by grabbing your cable and using scissors to cut off the outer covering of the cable. Next, use the wire scissors to cut off the end of the wires (about 1-2 inches). After this, place the stripped down wires into the appropriate spots that correspond to the colors that are on the 12 port patch panel. After you finished this, you will need to grab your punch down tool. Use this tool to push down on the wires, then it will cut off the excess wires and you will be able to take the panel out and flip it over, then you're done.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades