Electric garage doors are a great convenience -- until, of course, they break. The bad news: a dozen things could be to blame. The good news: many are easy to fix yourself. Watch this video to learn how to repair your garage door opener.
Working with electricity is very dangerous — be extremely careful and, if you have any doubts, contact a professional.
Consult your owner's manual — older systems may not have a red release cord. They can be opened by pulling down a handle or a spring-loaded clip, or by unbolting the arm between the door and opener.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades