Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to repair a kitchen sink sprayer.
1. Turn off hot- and cold-water at the shut-off valves under sink.
2. Loosen cap behind faucet's spout with pliers; protect chrome cap with a rag.
3. Remove cap and stuff the rag into the sink's drain.
4. Use a quarter to loosen the old diverter.
5. Pull out the old diverter and its rubber gasket with needle-nose pliers.
6. Wrap Teflon tape around threads of new diverter.
7. Carefully thread the new diverter into place; tighten it with the quarter.
8. Remove rag covering the drain.
9. Tighten the cap over the diverter using pliers and a protective rag.
10. Turn on the water, test the sprayer.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades