Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to repair a pressure assisted toilet.
1. Turn off water to toilet by closing the shut-off valve.
2. Flush the toilet to empty tank.
3. Disconnect water-supply line from toilet.
4. Unbolt tank and lift it off toilet.
5. Use pliers to take off spud nut from bottom of tank.
6. Unscrew nut holding fill tube to bottom of tank.
7. Slide the pressure-assist unit out of the tank.
8. Use a utility knife to cut off the defective pressure regulator.
9. Install new pressure regulator and attach with stainless steel hose clamp.
10. Reinstall the pressure-assist unit and bolt on the toilet tank.
11. Turn on water and flush toilet to test new regulator.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades