This video is from the Dummies video series. The video will describe the process of replacing a standard light switch with a dimmer switch. First you must pick a dimmer switch that has the capacity to control the light fixture you would like to dim. Add up the wattages of all light bulbs in the fixture and make sure it is less than the rated capacity of your dimmer switch. Next turn off the power to the existing switch from the breaker panel and test with a voltage meter. You will then remove the existing switch and attach the wires to the new dimmer switch according to the wiring instructions. Re-install the switch into the wall, turn on the breaker and test your new switch.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades