Teflon tape or pipe dope can be used to create a seal on black iron pipe. Tim Carter of AsktheBuilder.com demonstrates how to do the job right and shares some helpful tips. This black iron pipe is used to transport natural gas to your furnace, water heater and stove. This pipe has threaded fittings at the connection point which need to be sealed with pipe dope or Teflon tape. Teflon tape should be wrapped onto the male end of the pipe in a clockwise direction. Pipe dope has the consistency of mashed potatoes. You just paint in on to the male end of the pipe. With both options, you need to make the connection and hand tighten then tighten again with a pipe wrench. Teflon tape and pipe dope will prevent natural gas from leaking. Watch this AsktheBuilder.com video for more details.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades