Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to vent a bathroom fan.
Steps:1. Screw the humidifier to a wall near the furnace.
2. Cut away insulation from the duct using a utility knife.
3. Position the hole-cutting template onto side of duct.
4. Drill pilot hole through duct, then cut out hole with aviation snips.
5. Secure the humidifier's steam wand to the duct with self-tapping sheet metal screws.
6. Attach steam hose to wand and to wall-mounted humidifier; secure hose with cable ties.
7. Connect the flexible drain hose to steam wand and to humidifier.
8. Run a copper drainpipe from underside of humidifier to sump pump or floor drain.
9. Cut and solder a copper tee fitting into a nearby cold-water pipe.
10. Run new cold-water copper piping to bottom the humidifier.
11. Have electrician run electrical cable to humidifier and to room humidistat.
12. Turn on water to humidifier.
13. Install air-proving switch in duct.
14. Set the upper limit of humidity on the high-limit switch.
15. Set room humidistat to desired level of humidity in the house.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades