Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to vent a bathroom fan.
Steps:1. Screw the humidifier to a wall near the furnace.
2. Cut away insulation from the duct using a utility knife.
3. Position the hole-cutting template onto side of duct.
4. Drill pilot hole through duct, then cut out hole with aviation snips.
5. Secure the humidifier's steam wand to the duct with self-tapping sheet metal screws.
6. Attach steam hose to wand and to wall-mounted humidifier; secure hose with cable ties.
7. Connect the flexible drain hose to steam wand and to humidifier.
8. Run a copper drainpipe from underside of humidifier to sump pump or floor drain.
9. Cut and solder a copper tee fitting into a nearby cold-water pipe.
10. Run new cold-water copper piping to bottom the humidifier.
11. Have electrician run electrical cable to humidifier and to room humidistat.
12. Turn on water to humidifier.
13. Install air-proving switch in duct.
14. Set the upper limit of humidity on the high-limit switch.
15. Set room humidistat to desired level of humidity in the house.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.