Learn how to wrap a short electrical cord.
Treat your power cords right, and make them last longer, by learning how to store them correctly.
You Will Need
* A power cord
Step 1. Make figure eights
Arrange the cord in figure-eight loops, leaving about two loops worth of uncoiled wire to wrap around the middle.
Step 2. Wrap the middle
Wrap the remaining cord around the middle of the figure eight a few times.
Step 3. Push it through the loop
Push the loose end through one of the loops.
Step 4. Tug it
Give the loose end a gentle tug to secure it.
Fact: When you leave anything plugged into an outlet, it's using energy whether the equipment it's connected to is turned on or not.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades