The video describes how to replace the fill valve, the rubber flapper, and an older plastic water fill line with a stainless steel one so that the toilet will no longer leak. Purchase a fill valve kit at your local hardware store before beginning. Start by turning water compression valve off, and then flushing the toilet to remove the water. Next, remove the fill valve by loosening the bottom, then top nut with a pair of pliers. Remove the plastic water fill line. Next, loosen the nut on the fill valve that is underneath the toilet tank. Remove the fill valve and rubber flapper from inside the toilet, making sure to note the height at which both have been set so that you can set the new parts at the same height. The video ends with opening the box of your new fill valve kit and adjusting the height on the fill valve to match the height of the old valve. The video continues on part 2.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades