Changing a toilet is really not the dirty and difficult job that you would imagine. Start by turning the water off using the valve that is located on the wall. Empty the tank by flushing the toilet and holding up the drain valve. Soak up the excess water with a sponge. Disconnect the water line and loosen the bolts that hold the toilet down. Cut through the caulk seal at the bottom of the toilet. Remove the toilet and the wax ring that is around the opening of the drain. Remove the wax ring and install a new one on the bottom of the new toilet with the plastic collar facing up. Pack plumbers putty into the slots of the flange to hold the base bolts upright. Lower the toilet so that the base bolts go through the holes in the toilet. Then press the toilet down so that the wax ring is compressed. Put a cover base over each nut followed by a washer and nut. If the bolt is pre-cut you can snap it off using pliers. Tighten the bolt down and put the cover over the bolt. The tank will have bolts coming out of the bottom of it that will match holes in the bowl. Put the tank down with the bolts going through the tank. Put the washer and nuts on and tighten them up. Install the toilet seat, connect the water line, and turn the water back on.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades